Monday, November 14, 2011

Message in a bottle.....
You see I've always have this urge to alter a bottle for a very long time. Now when I have the opportunity to do so, I think I won't just stop at here. Here's my altered bottle i did over the weekend..

This was from an empty wine bottle. I washed and dried.
I than poured some alcohol ink inside and outside of the bottle and left it overnight to dry.
The Prima flower was actually white but I sprayed it with glimmer mist (Pop Rock)
I was gambling when I was doing this... 
I did a rub on directly onto the surface of the bottle here like so...

You see that!! Phew, lucky me the alphabets came out nicely and stick and sat nicely on the bottle..
Now I know you can do rub ons on a bottle too..I thought that was cool!
Next I tore some pages from a very very old story book, rolled and inked it and tie a little string to it and throw them inside the bottle. That should be the so called "message" in the bottle. lol
I wanted it a little interesting so I threw in a flower inside as well. You can see from the top photo its right there sitting nicely inside at the bottom of the bottle.
I wasn't too sure which glue to use so I opted for the glossy accent and trust me it made my work so much easier..
I than work my flowers from the tip of the bottle like as if they are growing from inside out
There you go...and if you see here closer. I actually twirled some old chain which is very thin in between the vines. I added these vibrant purple butterflies for some dimensions and finally some blings here and there for the final touch...
Once again this is my message in the bottle and I'm really loving it so much...
It's now sitting at a corner in the kitchen on my vanity top. hee....lol
You know something....shhh... I'm now working on a chivas bottle.. another altered bottle
I will come back here again when I'm done...shh...shh...
In the meantime you have a wonderful day ahead ok
Happy Scrapping
Love
Creative Momma

No comments: