Friday, March 18, 2011

Altered art....
from a cereal box....



A little close up...



We all love cereal and my favorite is the Kellogg's Special K Strawberry cereal. With cold milk it's so so yummy. This time round, as usual I wanted to throw away the box but my dearest son said, "Mummy why you throw this away (pointing at the box), i'm sure you can do something with this." And so I thought, another garbage he's making me collect. After a few days, infact weeks, I suddenly remembered and thought hey, why not I play with the box and do something with it. This week he is at home with me, he encourage me and give me so much inspiration and that's how this box got done. He's such a sweetie :)
I did this with Saj in mind, I wanted her to have an inspirational or motivational corner somewhere in her classroom. She is the chairperson for her class, they were asked, more often than not, to do something for the class to motivate each other. I though this motivational quotes is just perfect. She will place this in a little corner in her classroom when school reopens on Monday. It will be replaced every two weeks or so. So every fortnightly I will do another altered art for them. It's suppose to be her work but Mummy is doing it...lol (her teacher knows that I'm into this, so it's no suprise). I feel that in one way or another I have to play my part and this will be my little contribution for the school.
Anyways, all thanks to Abhi my big baby boy....

Because i'm so inspired... here's another one, but this time it's on  a canvas...
I painted it with MM Arcylic paint..
This is the original look....


I seriously love her eyes..that look is so priceless...
If only she had smile a little for me
Girl oh Girl...


 I added a black cardstock just to enhance the look a little when taking this shot. 
I think it look better with black background..


Close up of the embellishment that I 've used....
I used Kaisecraft Wood flourish that I've been hoarding for the longest time.
Well that's so much on the scrapbooking news..

I did some baking again, this time it's chocolate muffins... 
and here's sharing with you..
Stop drooling..It's yummy i know..lol

 Added more hershey chocolate syrup and they just can't get enough..
Simply divine!

Thanks for coming
Have a lovely day ahead
Love
Creative Momma

No comments: